Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spring Themed Preschool Storytime

I may end up deleting this because its so similar to the other spring themed ST, but this one I did with in a classroom of preschoolers.
Opening song: Hello Song (Keep in mind that I sing it much slower than the lady in this video)
Hello!
Hello!
Hello, how are you?
I'm fine!
I'm fine!
I hope that you're fine, too. (I repeat this three times, then have the kids say a big hello while waving at all the other kids they see.)
This is a song by Ella Jenkins on her Multicultural Children's Songs CD. 
Opening discussion: Spring
Literacy: Spring Is Here by Will Hillenbrand

Literacy: And Then It Is Spring by Julie Fogliano

Second Story Stretch: Put Your Finger In the Air (This is pretty good, but I usually stop at Put your finger on your shoe. This song can be real long if you let it!) 
Literacy: Green by  Laura Vaccaro Seeger

Interactive Book: In the Tall Tall Grass by Denise Fleming

Closing Song: Hokey Pokey (I like this video because its set in the late 80s/early 90s, their hats are bedazzled, some of the kids get their right and left mixed up, and you know you want to get up with those kids and show them what its all about! HOKEY POKEY!)

No comments: